Saturday, September 03, 2016

Aussie Bush Project Happening!

I am at the Craft and Quilt Fair in Hamilton New Zealand at the moment- where once again the Medieval project is being much admired. It is always such a rich display and viewers are amazed at the variety and creativity of the participants.

This will be a quick blog post as I have to head off to mind the exhibition. I then set it up again at Porirua(Wellington) New Zeland next week and then hop on a plane back to Australia swap suitcases and then fly to France on the same night so that I can demonstrate for Bernina France at Ste Marie aux Mines ( Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork). It's been a hectic six weeks or so.


I have stitched my first Aussie Bush piece and I think there will be a few more to come- in fact I can see a bush blanket in my minds eye. I used flannel as wadding as I wanted it to stay reasonable soft and drapey so I was happy that the stitches still created texture.

I have been developing designs for the Aussie Bush project and can confirm that exhibition life for the project will start next year in May 2017 at Brisbane and it will tour around Australia. I will also be searching for a European venue when I am over this time. I will be setting a page up on my blog with details and information but so far the rules will be similar to the other projects- you can do  anything you like to the printed pieces ( but nothing fragile as they travel in a suitcase) and no side larger than 70 cm- but apart form that you can let your creativity be as wild and bushy as you like.  You can add other fabrics- you can collage elements- it's up to you.There will be a fee payable to join the project of $20 but this to defray the cost of signage/packaging ,pins, admin, and return postage to you.I am also thinking about that  you sign/or initial the front of your piece in the bottom right corner- some thoughts on this would be appreciated.




The three designs thus far are gumnuts, banksia and  unfurling fern frond. Each is 30 cm square and hand printed on hand dyed fabric. The blocks of nine  are each individual panel which I have collaged  and these are the colours I have available at present. Each square cost $20 plus postage( they can be sent as a letter- so this is not very expensive). Just email me if you are interested in joining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dude your blog awesome, I am going to copy all these points for our next post
Printing Newcastle

Same Day Taj Mahal Tour by car said...

Nice travel attractions points for the visitors at India.

Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour said...

That is really nice journey of there famous places in India. Taj Mahal Tour Packages are well famous tour planning.

Anonymous said...

Awesome things here. I’m very glad to look your post. Thank you a lot and I’m looking ahead to touch you.
Agra Tour Packages
Delhi Tour Packages
Golden Triangle Tour Package
North India Tour