Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sete and Hand Painted Fabrics

It is Bastille day here so I will start with something french first!
The graveyard in Sete affords some wonderful views of the Mediterranean.The flowers in the foreground of the first image were made of ceramic- each grave seems to have a collection of them.
I have been hand painting some fabrics ( I am starting to run low on my printing inks...) I wanted to capture some of the colours  that i see around me, but having a small pallette of  colour had to give poetic license to some of that idea....

5 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Happy Bastille Day!

Lovely work, Dijanne!

lisette said...

great colours and movement in these piece, dijanne. can i say i am selfishly glad that you'll be back soon?
hugs f xx

Patty said...

Wonderful colors and movement! Did you scratch out the color or is that a resist?

patricia said...

I'm too surprise on the picture and the result in fabric....
LOVE IT!

patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.