Monday, May 10, 2010

72 MORE Ways Not to Stipple or Meander

The coloured version of 72 MORE Ways is finished and delivered together with the black and white version to Editions de Saxe last Thursday, who will publish my second free machine quilting ideas book in time for  Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork.It will be published in French- no one in English speaking publishing world seems to be interested in publishing it...

It was a crazy week last week as I left the Netherlands ( had to pack up all our /my stuff) and then  return  a machine I had borrowed from a friend near Paris. Picked up a machine from Bernina who have agreed to sponsor me with the use of a machine when I am in Europe and I shall be blogging for them ( I will send the link when I have it)- finish the coloured version plus some other work for Southern Lands which will be exhibited at Centre Europeen Du Patchwork from 16 May, teaching for two days before finally arriving back in Le Triadou. I have decided I would like to experience a southern French summer- but so far the weather isn't co-operating!!! I will be in le Triadou until late August so if you are interested in workshops in southern France please contact me! We have space here to run workshops for 4-5 people.

For those of you who registered interest for KISS- it's still happening,  I have simply extended the deadline until late in May because I shall be travelling to Syria next Thursday for the Creative Safaris tour- I am so looking forward to that.I hope to be able to blog from Syria - to inspire you, and my eldest daughter and I are working on a book  inspired by Syria and the work I made in response to the experience.

7 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope you have a fab time in Syria and find even more inspiration for your book. Looking forward to the KISS project

Have a good week
Carolyn ♥

Sharne Gregory said...

I hope that you have a great trip to Syria and I shall enjoy reading about it on yuor blog.
I have finished my KISS project and look forward to hearing about the next step

Clare Wassermann said...

Excellent - enjoy your trip x

Unknown said...

Merci beaucoup Dijanne pour ce superbe stage au Centre Européen du Patchwork. Ce fut un réel encouragement à la créativité et à continuer le piqué libre.

Corryna said...

Oh Dijanne you made my day. I was working on the KISS project, but now my hand is hurting, due to all the hand stitches (I normally work with the machine). So I hope my hand will be OK soon, so I am able to finish the piece.

And I wanted to say that it is a shame that your book will only be published in French. I know that a lot of people bought a previous book and love it.

aykayem said...

lol ... the one thing I actually get finished early! LOL
btw - is anything going to happen with/to them ... or more to the point will we actually have to send/deliver them anywhere before August? - I was thinking of entering mine in the Canberra Quilters exhibition, but if there is a reason not to, then I won't (If the rules stay the same as they are now I can enter it next year instead ... if I still want to ... and if I don't forget I have it ... lol)

aykayem said...

btw ... glad u had fun in Syria ... I would love to go there ... but ... I would love to have the money to go there ... sigh ...