Monday, September 21, 2009

Ravissant Lutradur!

Marion Barnett and my book Lovely Lutradur is now out in French with the title "Ravissant Lutradur". It came by courier today so a lovely surprise.  I am really pleased with the way Editions de Saxe have done the layout. This is now my second book out in French and there will be a third next year as well- and so my love affair with France continues!! I have only ever had one book published in English by a publisher ( Tifaifai Renaissance which is now out of print) apart from those I have self published like 72 Ways and 72 More Ways. Book proposals have been sent to the US in the past, by Australian editors but  it was said that  I wasn't well known enough in that market place, and that the content was too meager ( which is interesting given that a  good proportion of  the readers of this blog ar American or Canadian- though I have quite a lot of French , English and Dutch readers too)


Anyway I like that they were prepared to do bright for the cover- the orange sings!

I am thinking about doing another book- haven't quite decided what- seomone suggested the Travellers' Blanket would be a good one to do int he 72 ways format ( but self pubslihing in colour is too expensive). I am open to suggestions???

14 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Enjoy your book Dijanne :o)

lisette said...

meagre????? by what possible definition?? sheesh - congratulations on a beautiful looking book :)

Nathalie L. said...

C'est une nouvelle formidable, merci Dijanne. En français c'est génial.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Dijanne. I really should buy the English version. I've got the Lutradur and been playing with it.

PS - I've cut my first lino exercise and cut my first finger (twice in the same place!). I think that say's something about my technique - not good!

Blood on the Lino!

Hugz

Sally

Judi said...

Have you tried contacting AQS to publish your books?

Elsie Montgomery said...

No suggestions on book publishing (it is such a tough business) but this one has a super cover!

Anonymous said...

ben juist terug van st Marie en heb je boek in de rekken zien liggen. De uitgeverij had in zijn stand ook werk van je hangen. Prachtig boek.ann vanherle

Arashi said...

there is a way to self-publish that is not expensive - check out www.createspace.com the average cost to publish a book is abouy 100usd and other mwedia formats are available. books are printed om demand and you do your own marketing (which you do quite well) and you do the shipping

arashi

Chris said...

The book looks wonderful Dijanne - keep riding the wave!

Elly Wijnen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elly Wijnen said...

Congratulations, again a step further.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Try www.blurb.com
I have seen the finished books and they are very good.
You download the programme - insert your photos and text and send it to them. Big range of book types and sizes and you only pay for what is sold as required. I think they ship them too.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

www.huelva-3d.com said...

What namely you are writing is a horrible mistake.

Buy Zeelon said...

Your pieces are beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

Buy Zeelon