Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stitching , Stitching, Stitching




I have been stitching on my Colombo Creek piece- I am not sure that I will get it done for the Ozquilt call for entries- there is a long way to go still and the stitching is taking a long time. But it has given me food for thought for a series of work around the idea of creeaks and rivers and canals that I have known since being a small child. I am the water carrier, even if I am an air sign, and water is such an important part to our existence and we are so wasteful with it.

The seocnd image is a cd cover for an album entiled "Sea Sew" by Lisa Hannigan. Lisa is Irish and I saw her on Youtube after someone mentioned her youtube on a blog ( and I can't for the life of me remeber whose blog it was). I loved what I heard and saw- a clip in a pub in Dingle which I went to many moons ago- and have been on the lookout for the cd since. My daughter found it in Sydney on the weekend and bought it for me- and it's wonderful- it is kind of jazz, folk and celtic- and the lyrics are wonderful . The cover is knitted and stitched made by Lisa and her sister and the lyrics and acknowledgements have been stitched on irish linen!!!

Thanks for the commisses about having to move- I am actually feeling rather sanguine about it-the house has allowed me to come to some sort of peace and for that I am grateful- it is good that it is transitory in a sense, because now I can move on to new dreams and places. And I will!.

4 comments:

Arashi said...

what a great performer her voice is haunting her rendition of tom thumb blues rises above judy collins thanks
arashi

Rickypointing said...

Nice Pictures In your Blog .keep update a more


with regards
esmartx.com

WOW Gold said...

Randyrun is a well known Company which has been involved in providing secure and fast WOW GOLD. If you are looking company which can provide you instant , fast and secure WOW Gold, You are at right place. Over 10, 0000 satisfied customers bears to the fact that the company is reliable.

WOW Gold said...

Randyrun is a well known Company which has been involved in providing secure and fast WOW GOLD. If you are looking company which can provide you instant , fast and secure WOW Gold, You are at right place. Over 10, 0000 satisfied customers bears to the fact that the company is reliable.