Thursday, November 29, 2007

Coral Temptation





I coloured some more lutradur and printed it with the coral linocut. Not the best of jobs on a hot day as you heat transfer the papers onto the lutradur and for some reason I get much better colour with my iron than with the heat press. I also made another coral variation - and yep it's for sale! Plus I photographed a whole lot of them together and it is very tempting to make a really big piece like this- I like how they look together. I have to think of a Syrian themed pattern that I can make into a linocut and then I can use it for my exhibition in Munich next year- it certainly has that jewel/rich quality about it- souq impressions?

5 comments:

Celia Hart said...

I'm enjoying seeing your coral variations - such gorgeous colours and textures - and so much work - you must have been soooooo industrious!!!!

all the best
Celia

Shirley Goodwin said...

Those corals look wonderful!

Ann Craig said...

Dijanne,
I am trying to locate you book 72 ways to quilt withoout stippling but cannot locate it anywhere. Do you still sell it yourself? I would need it in English. Please contact me at craigeann@yahoo.com.
Thank you
Ann C.

Cathie said...

I so love your variations here. What wonderful visual appeal they have, particularly texturally. You are very skilled at your craft and your work is lovely.

hcg said...

The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.