Thursday, December 01, 2005

More Angels in Stone





I finished the foiled Angel in Stone panel today. The foiling worked really well and gave the right sort of almost rubbed goldleaf look. This panel is 120 cm long x 29 cm wide ( 47 " x 11 1/2 ") and I have put it on my Seriously Textile blog as it is for sale. I hand stitched some of the quilting- wanting to create the effect of some pre-angelic mark making effects- so using simple stitches.

It is very hot today so hard to think about working. I have been doing some reading; Women's Work; The First 20,000 Years by Elizabeth Wayland Barber. I have read it before but thought it might be time to revisit it and look at it in terms of memory. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cfent said...

i love both the format and the images you;re workign with... i need to get back to you @ memory as well. i havnet forgotten! just gotten waylaid by life.