Saturday, September 03, 2005

Small Quilt Done


Small Quilt Done
This is the small quilt I promised to the 20,000th visitor- I have still not been able to work out who that was, and I have posted all the information I have. If it is not claimed by next Tuesday evening I will donate it to Laura Cater- Woods, art quilt auction to fundraise for the survivors in New Orleans.

Have finally got my laptop back from Melbourne, and am now working on some 'lace scarves' . Whilst I was not totally sure about the extra stitching on the leaf piece, other people that I showed did like it, and surprisingly when I pressed it it felt much softer than tulle on its own. I would like to try this with cotton tulle- as that would be really soft. You can also buy silk tulle but it is very expensive- I am not sure how much the cotton tulle is , will have to investigate , but I like the idea that it can be dyed as well and of course the softness of the touch.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your small quilt is lovely, Dijanne! Where are you sourcing your silk and cotton tulle?

Anonymous said...

Hello Dijanne,
What a beautiful quilt as usuall,are Lucky person to get this, or a wonderful idea for the auction. Still think your the best Quilter,
Dianne Sands sis..
Have a great Day...