Saturday, January 08, 2005

Artichokes and lace


Hand Written Lace Posted by Hello

I know, I know- it's that artichoke again, but daily it gets more beautiful and it's so big.
The lace piece in the photo is comprised of dyed squares and machine embroidered squares that contain writing ( these took forever). This is my "Australian" piece so I photographed it in front of the banksia serrata. It is quite long- about 2 metres, and only yesterday i worked a satisfactory way to finish the raw edges of the silk on the outer edges.Now it needs a good press and I have to attach the hanging device.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Dijanne! Nice to see you have a blog! I just discovered it and will look you up daily. I have just started one too, it's all knitting so far. www.whatsthatgonnabe.blogspot.com. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Emily Parson